This is my favorite quick breakfast to make. It’s perfect for any weather, any season, and anybody! It’s kid friendly and adult approved. My banana eggs require only 4 ingredients (5 if you count the coconut oil used to cook).
With the combination of sweet bananas cooked in coconut oil, tart apples, and slightly salty almond butter, your tastebuds will go into overdrive & all the cravings under the sun will be satisfied.
The following recipe is for 1 serving and it’s sooo easy to multiply for family breakfasts!
- 1 ripe (or overripe) banana
- 1 egg
- ¼ of an apple (I use honeycrisp, but you can use any apple!)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (give or take)
- ½ tbsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- In a bowl, mash up banana with a fork. Add egg and scramble/mash it all together.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil. Once oil is heated, add banana egg mixture. Continuously scramble and flip while it cooks; you don’t want it to burn or stick to the pan.
- Once done, put it in a bowl. Cube your ¼ of an apple and top you banana eggs! Add the almond butter, and enjoy!
**I like to put my almond butter on the side and dip every bite, but you can also drizzle it over the whole bowl.